- I'm really looking forward to my trip to south Alabama next weekend. I haven't visited my hometown since June of last year (yeah, I know, I'm a bad daughter). With starting my new job back in August, I've had to save up time to take off. But I'm really looking forward to visiting my parents, going swimming, soaking in the hot tub, eating crawfish (yes, I suck the head), and visiting all my favorite places and people.
- We're thinking about getting another dog after the Memorial Day trip. Roscoe loves when other dogs are around for him to play with. We're toying around the idea of getting an American Bulldog. I saw one at the softball field the other night and she was absolutely gorgeous! And mild mannered, too, for a puppy. I asked the owner for the name of her breeder and she gave me her phone number. We'll probably give them a call when we get back.
- I'm getting really, really, REALLY frustrated and impatient with my endo right now. Because their office is so busy, it's impossible to send a fax or get someone on the phone half the time. I dropped off my paperwork for a Dexcom CGM two weeks ago. All endo has to do is sign and date the letter of medical necessity. The medical records office has already pulled the necessary information for Dexcom, they're just waiting on my endo to sign the letter and they can fax it on. I've been making weekly calls to them, asking for an update. Monday, I will call again and keep calling daily until this thing happens . . . dangit.
- OK, this is getting hard to come up with. I'm much better with memes.
- We might see The Blind Side this weekend with some friends! I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time now! Really looking forward to that.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Friday Five: 21 May 2010
OK, this is my first ever "Friday Five", which I'm not sure exactly what that means. From what I've seen of other Friday Fives, I just listed 5 random facts about my week?! Who knows, but that's what I'll do:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.