Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 28, 2010

About Holly



My name is Holly and I am a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed on December 11, 2006 at 22-years-old.  I live in north Alabama with my husband, 2 dogs, and 2 cats (yes, we have too many pets). 

This blog will mainly be about my life with type 1 diabetes with my insulin pump named Arnold (because he "pumps me up").  I am currently getting started with a Dexcom CGM who will be named Constance (because she monitors me "constantly"). 

There are other areas of my life that will spill into this blog:

  • First and foremost, I am a Christian.  I believe a man named Jesus Christ lived a sinless, perfect life as God's Son here on Earth, and that he died as the ultimate sacrifice for my sin.  He died so that I could not only have eternal life, but eternal joy. 
  • I am married to the most wonderful, patient man in the world, Trey.  We are still considered newlyweds by a lot of definitions.  We were married on August 23, 2008 when we were both 23-years-old.  
  • I am a southern belle and a tomboy at the same time.  I bleed orange and blue during the football season for the Auburn University Tigers.  I would much rather spend my days with my dogs or playing softball outside.  
  • I currently work as a NASA contractor as a terrestrial environments engineer.  Even though I have a bachelor's degree in physics and a master's degree in atmospheric science, I somehow walk around with business cards that say "Engineer".  I feel very proud for the education that I've earned, especially as a female.  
  • I'm quite clumsy and pretty self-conscious.  I wear my emotions on my sleeves, which may or may not be detrimental to this blog.  
Read at your own risk!

~Holly =)

3 comments:

  1. Holly,
    I found your blog from Sarah@Sugabetic. Wow, I too was diagnosed at the age of 22 yrs, three months after my wedding. I am a Vol (I know don't hold it against me) Being I am an alumni and a native from K-Town. Met my husband during college. And have the same Christian views. I have given birth to 2 beautiful healthy vibrant girls (14yrs and 11yrs) and working part-time at the Y. Thinking of returning to work full time. I wear an Medtronic IP and researching a CGMS, trying to decide on what kind. Dexcom or Medtronic. Glad I found your blog and will be reading in the future. Good Luck and God Bless.
    Andrea W.
    PS. most importantly I am complication free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,

    I just happened upon your blog from Typical Type 1's blog roll. I have to say that I love the name of your blog and the Schwarzenegger reference and I think Constance is a perfect name, too. :)

    I was diagnosed when I was 5, which was well, a long time ago. ;) I just started blogging within the last couple of weeks. My blog is called Bradley and Me @ http://www.bradleyandme.wordpress.com. Bradley is my medical alert dog. He was specially trained at Dogs for Diabetics, a non-profit organization in CA. Anyway, it is a lot easier to have the dog tell me I need to check my blood sugar than my fiance or another family member.

    Thanks for sharing. I'll be back to read some more and see how things are going with Arnold and Constance.

    Take Care,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! hi! hi!

    i hope you'll forgive my enthusiasm, but i am just so encouraged by finding/reading your blog this morning! i just thought to myself "i know christian women who write blogs, and diabetic women who write blogs, but i wonder if there's a combination of the two." that's not to say that i've looked extensively (or that the other t1 bloggers i've read aren't christians), actually the thought crossed my mind for the first time today. and then i was SO excited to come across yours!

    i was diagnosed in 10.2000 at 15, so i just "celebrated" 10 years... i got married in february and we live in southwest missouri.

    i'm hoping to start blogging soon...we shall see!

    so happy to find you.
    taralee

    ReplyDelete

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.