My name is Holly and I am a type 1 diabetic, diagnosed on December 11, 2006 at 22-years-old. I live in north Alabama with my husband, 2 dogs, and 2 cats (yes, we have too many pets).
This blog will mainly be about my life with type 1 diabetes with my insulin pump named Arnold (because he "pumps me up"). I am currently getting started with a Dexcom CGM who will be named Constance (because she monitors me "constantly").
There are other areas of my life that will spill into this blog:
- First and foremost, I am a Christian. I believe a man named Jesus Christ lived a sinless, perfect life as God's Son here on Earth, and that he died as the ultimate sacrifice for my sin. He died so that I could not only have eternal life, but eternal joy.
- I am married to the most wonderful, patient man in the world, Trey. We are still considered newlyweds by a lot of definitions. We were married on August 23, 2008 when we were both 23-years-old.
- I am a southern belle and a tomboy at the same time. I bleed orange and blue during the football season for the Auburn University Tigers. I would much rather spend my days with my dogs or playing softball outside.
- I currently work as a NASA contractor as a terrestrial environments engineer. Even though I have a bachelor's degree in physics and a master's degree in atmospheric science, I somehow walk around with business cards that say "Engineer". I feel very proud for the education that I've earned, especially as a female.
- I'm quite clumsy and pretty self-conscious. I wear my emotions on my sleeves, which may or may not be detrimental to this blog.