- Today is the first anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson. I was in PetsMart when I got the call from a good friend who loves MJ. When I got home, I turned on the TV to MTV (naturally) to see what happened, and they were just looping through old MJ videos, including some from when he was in the Jackson 5. I thought about turning to another news station to get the scoop, but I sat there for a couple hours just watching all his old videos. Say what you will about his personal life, but there's no doubt he left his mark on the music industry.
- We put our old house up for rent this past Monday. Trey has shown it to at least one person, up to three, per day everyday this week. We have some really promising prospects, but I'll be excited when they sign a lease agreement. It would certainly help the . . . ummm . . . unmentionable situation (dangit!).
- Eclipse comes out next week!!! YAY!!! However, we probably won't go see it until the weekend because we'll be up in Tennessee with Trey's family for the July 4th holiday, so a big family movie outing is probably in the works. I'm definitely excited to see the movie, but I also don't like big crowds. So, I'm willing to let all the teenie boppers have their turn during the week, and leave me and my popcorn-loving self alone. (P.S. I love popcorn! I buy those 100-calorie snack packs in bulk and have them for my afternoon snack every other day. Mmmm, popcorn.) Team Jacob!
- It is freakin' HAWT! The forecast all this week has been in the mid to high 90s. But every time I get in my car, the outside thermometer says either 101 F or 102 F. I make sure the dogs have a fresh bowl of water everyday before I leave for work, because I know their old water has just been boiling outside on a concrete patio. I haven't been walking any this week either. I go walking through a woodsy trail which, when combined with heat and humidity, makes all the spiders and their webs come out. Instead of walking, I would be leaping and jumping due to all the webs in my hair. *sigh* I need a gym.
- A friend of ours who is pregnant just found out this week that they're having a girl! They are so excited and we're excited for them. She and I are kind of similar but different because she is extremely sensitive to high fat foods (gallbladder reasons) and I am carb-sensitive (or at least carb-conscious). So, whenever we go out to eat with them, we never know where to go because she can't eat much pizza and I don't want to SWAG bolus. Our husbands hate this, lol. We usually end up somewhere with a nice variety or buffet like Ruby Tuesday's. Earlier this year she got serious about her diet because of trying to conceive. I guess she rubbed off on me wanting to take things more seriously, too. Thus, here I am. =)
Friday, June 25, 2010
Friday Five: 25 June 2010
Since yesterday's post was very work-heavy, I've decided for this Friday Five edition that I would try to list other things on my mind other than work. . . . This . . . may . . . take awhile.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.