Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Food Recovering Meme

I'm still way burnt out from our trip last week.  I finally unpacked all of our clothes from our huge suitcase, but have yet to actually fold them and put them away.  The dogs keep finding new ways to dirty themselves in the yard, and the cats are one swift kick away from being ally cats.  Thus, a meme is in order.  I got this meme from Kerri and it's about food.  I actually missed cooking for us while we were traveling, so this meme resonates with me. 

1. Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
I guess anybody "can" cook, but the talent for making good food is something else.  In other words, yes, I can cook.  And I actually like to cook, too.  It is kind of soothing after a long day to be lost in the scent of minced garlic and olive oil heating up in the skillet.  If only that were a candle scent . . .

2. When do you eat with your whole family?
Trey and I eat together everyday for dinner and sometimes for lunch (we are brown baggers most of the time).  We see our extended family maybe once a month, and there's usually one big meal with all of us together then. 

3. What do you eat for breakfast?
Cereal, almost always.  Sometimes I'll make a fried egg if I have the time.  Oh, and coffee, of course. 

4. When, where and how do you eat on weekdays?
This question is very instrusive.  Are you trying to stalk me?  Breakfast is usually on the couch while watching the morning news, lunch is at my desk, and dinner is at home either at our bar or the dining table.  How do I eat?  Like a caveman (cavewoman?) with both my hands filled while they rotate shoving into my mouth, of course! 

5. How often do you eat out (in a restaurant)?
Well, last week, it was once a day.  But most of the time it's about once or twice a week. 

6. How often do you order delivery/take-out?
Maybe once a week (can I combine this with #5?) and it's either pizza or Chinese, it's our splurge for the week. 

7. Regarding no. 5 and 6: Say there weren’t financial reasons would you do this more often?
I'm not sure.  Of course we take our lunch most of the time for financial reasons, but I've gotten to the point where I really like to cook so it would at least be a hobby.  Plus eating out = more calories, so I'm not sure I'd want the extra weight. 

8. Are there any “standard dishes” you serve regularly?
We typically have meatloaf, quesadillas, and some type of spaghetti meal once a week.  

9. Have you ever cooked for more than 6 persons?
Yes and no.  We were planning to have 8 people over one night for pizza, beer, and card games.  So I prepared 3 homemade pizzas, but only 5 people came.  So I've prepared for that many, does that count? 

10. Do you cook every day?
Every day, no.  Even if we're reheating something, I don't consider that cooking. 

11. Have you ever tried recipes from blogs?
I have about 30 recipes saved here.  They have a ton of selections plus the nutritional info! 

12. Who cooks more frequently at your home?

I do, but Trey actually taught me how to cook most of the stuff I make.  Kind of the student surpassing the teacher thing. 

13. And who cooks better?
I think he would say I do, obviously, but any meal where I don't have to clean up afterward makes it the best. 

14. Do you cook totally different compared to your mother/parents?
A little.  We each have our own style, but I call her sometimes to get tips. 

15. If yes, do you nevertheless eat at your parents?
She's a southern cook, so YES!!!




16. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine being one?

No and never.  I like my meat too much. 

17. What would you like to cook which you haven’t dared to make yet?
My mom's turkey dressing.  It's a family recipe that takes a couple years to master.  I haven't even started.  =(

18. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
Definitely cooking.  Usually whatever I try to bake ends up in flames (i.e. burnt). 

19. What is your greatest misery in the kitchen?
Having to get things that are above the 2nd shelf.  I have a stool that I just move from one shelf to another, but I think we should have put in one of those rotating ladders like you see in old libraries. 

20. What do you dislike?
Asparagus, coleslaw, basically anything that can be made with vinegar.  Blech! 

Yay food!  =P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.