Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Rush

I could feel the anticipation rising,
The sweat on my brow was a sign
Then a drop deep in the pit of my stomach.
I knew exactly what it meant.

I grabbed my meter
Hands already shaking
Pulled a strip out of the vial.
Pricked my pinky like so many times before
Licked the blood and wait.
43 mg/dL
"Fantastic."

Reached for a glass and the apple juice
Poured to that magic line I know so well
Begin chugging and close my eyes
I could feel it coming
The Rush.

I can't really explain it but we all know how it feels
Before I felt like I was drowning 
My eyes were foggy, my head was dizzy
My forehead was sweaty, my hands were shaking
Dropping.

After that first gulp of sweet sugar
I could feel it already working
It's like coming up for air, 
After drowning from waves.

The cool liquid flows down my throat
And like it's bonding to my cells
I feel instantly my blood sugar rising
Who knew I could feel so thirsty? 

A few more gulps and a little time
And I was feeling better
These waves come and go,
But I can't help noticing that feeling
The Rush.  


1 comment:

  1. omg that's such a great way of describing a low! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.