Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Plans for 2011

Welcome to 2011!  I hope you all had a great New Year's celebration and bolused appropriately for that sparkling grape juice.  I have a couple of plans (resolutions, if you will) for 2011 that I wanted to share with you guys to start out 2011 for A&M. 

  • I am planning on reading the whole Bible this year.  I have settled on the Christ's Church of the Valley reading plan.  I chose this plan because it has an Old Testament and New Testament reading for each day, and it follows a plan of reading just during the weekdays.  This reading plan will hopefully allow me to catch up on days that I miss and establish a reading schedule during the week.  Let me know if you're doing this plan or any other "Bible in One Year" plans; I could sure use accountability/support. 
  • Establishing something of a food diary and workout routine.  We all know how important these things are to good diabetes management, but I admit that I really slacked off on both of these in 2010 between working on the house (which I tried to count as working out) and getting used to 40-hour/week job schedule.  I was never able to establish a schedule to work out nor did I have the energy.  But thanks to my handy dandy iPod, I am using the MyFitnessPal application to track my food and workout routine.  I've been using it sparingly since the summer, but more so in the last month to get in the habit.  After I write this post, I plan to go start up the Wii and get yelled at by my virtual trainer (yay?).  
  • I am so excited to participate in the D365 project this year.  Since I started my blog in April, I didn't get too into the project.  But I set a reminder on my iPod for everyday at 6 PM to take a picture for the D365 project.  I'll keep the set on my Flickr account for viewing, as well as keeping the D365 tab on the top left column of my blog.  I've already taken the first picture for this year!  
You can see the excitement in my eyes. 

Hope you all have a great, healthy start to 2011!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm also planning on reading the Bible, but it's my goal for my 101 Things in 1,001 Days Challenge, so I don't think I'll finish this year. But thanks for the reading guide, I'm going to go check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.