Watch me lose weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just What I Needed

After a crappy couple of days on the diabetes front, it was great to work out the stress in a 7 mile bike ride this morning.  The weather was perfect, sunny with a high of 70 F degrees with a slight breeze.  I set Arnold on a temporary basal an hour before the ride at 25% and left it there for the entire bike ride, which lasted about an hour, and for an hour afterward.  My beginning BG before the ride was 149 mg/dL and 75 mg/dL when we were done.  So I probably could do a slightly less basal rate next time, like maybe 10-15%. 

I love riding my bike, and haven't done a good ride like that since we bought the house in January.  Trey and I are already talking about going again tomorrow.  We passed other bikers, walkers, babies in strollers, and dogs on leashes while we went through the wooded trail and the wind blew the leaves off the trees.  My legs wanted to give out on the gravel hills, but I pushed through and built up a nice sweat in the process.  And since diabetes always comes for the ride, I figured I could show you guys how nicely all my D-stuff fit in my tiny Camelpak. 

Top pocket has my One Touch Mini meter, cylinder of glucose tabs, phone, and ID.  

Constance fit perfect in the front mesh pocket next to the water pak.  It was easy to get her out and check my levels as we were riding. 
This is probably the last time we'll get to ride before it gets frightfully cold, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting on the trail more.  And I'm off to go see Harry Potter:  The Deathly Hallows 1!  Time to ruin that bike ride with some good movie popcorn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to increase in spam comments, I am requiring all commenters be registered users and every comment be approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, nurse, certified diabetes educator (CDE) or any medical professional of any kind. (But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!) Therefore, please do not use any of my postings as medical fact. I am simply a blogger expressing my highs and lows (pun intended) with diabetes. For changes in your medication, exercise regiment, or diet please consult a qualified physician.

Recent Comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Holly and I live in north Alabama with my hubby, two cats, and a dog.