- College football! Yes, I know I've been sounding like a broken record with this lately, but I love college football. My team is the Auburn Tigers, and this weekend they won against Arkansas State 52-26. We cooked steaks, grilled vegetables, steamed corn, and baked homemade bread for the 6:00 PM game. It was the best way to start off the season; I also initiated it with a Sam Adams' Octoberfest in hand. It was a great day, and I'm looking forward to a great year!
- The Office Season 6 DVD comes out tomorrow. We started a Netflix account a few months ago, so I got caught up on all the episodes from Seasons 1-5. Season 6 has been waiting in my que for several months and I can't wait to get caught up before Season 7 (goodbye, Michael Scott *sniff*).
- We'll be leaving for a week-long beach vacation this week. I've got some great guest posts coming up while I'm away. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of blog-friendly stories from our trip. It seems we can never go on a vacation without a story brought back with us.
- The fall season officially starts this month, but there's already been a scent in the air of the cooler, crisp weather. I can already see some trees in our yard where the leaves are turning in a slight red hue. And the stores already have Halloween decorations out, which means we get to give out candy in our new neighborhood.
- Finally, and kind of related to #4, I can't wait to use our new fireplace. One of the reasons we bought our new house was for the fireplace. It's a wood-burning, stone fireplace with a gorgeous mantle. It will be the best day of my life when we have a fire in the fireplace, chili in the crockpot, and a hot chocolate in my hand. I love this time of year!
Welcome to September and the best time of the year!