- I've lived almost 4 years with diabetes and am still as healthy as day #1.
- I have a wonderful husband who puts up with my silly, emotional self, especially when I spend most of the day over 200 mg/dL, and he rubs my back as I sit on the edge of the bed and cry myself into his soaked T-shirt. Just for example.
- I have wonderful, supportive parents who make a pot of crawfish boil and strawberry cheesecake for my birthday because they know me.
- I have a great extended family who loves me and is flooding my text message inbox with birthday messages.
- Someone bought pumpkin spice latte creamer and put it in the coffee room at work!
- I'm thankful for my wonderful job that has given me opportunities to use both of Super Nerd degrees.
- Today is Monday which means that I have a new lancet to start the week.
- I just bolused for a pomegranate Greek yogurt and I'm salivating waiting for my insulin to kick in.
- I have wonderful friends who I consider to be more like family.
- Even though they drive me crazy, I have 4 furry friends who are always happy to see me when I get home.
- I get to decorate our new house with all the Christmas decorations I bought last year. And I actually have a fireplace to put my stockings on!
- Christmas 2011 has unofficially been declared to be held at our house. I'm totally psyched and freaking out at the same time.
- Auburn is #1 in the BCS standings!
- I'm finally joining the 21st century and getting an iPod. It should be here later this week or next week.
- I'm glad I live in Alabama because I'm a total wuss when it comes to this cold weather thing. It was 48 F this morning and I thought I was going to die!
- It's been 30 minutes since I typed #8. Excuse me for a moment . . .
- It was delicious!
- I'm so thankful to have the DOC! It's so great to have people who instantly become friends over the phrase, "You? Yeah, me too."
- I got to ride my cousin's four-wheeler this weekend and only screamed a couple thousand times. This made Trey fold over in laughter.
- My dad has been doing some research on our family and apparently people live to be fairly old (respective death ages range from 86 to 104!).
- On that historical note, I'm so thankful to live in this age of technology and to have a pump and CGM to help me manage this disease.
- Roscoe only puked once in the 5 hour trip to south Alabama. Poor puppy does not handle car rides very well.
- I bought new gray work pants in my Saturday shopping, but I just realized they have faux pockets. So Arnold and Constance are going clipped today.
- I'm celebrating my birthday by doing a little shopping after work. I'm so excited!
- I love my mint flavored chapstick! It makes me feel like I just got done brushing my teeth but not really.
- I got a fancy new KitchenAid mixer as my birthday present! And yes, I asked for it, so it's OK for me to get a "kitchen gift".
27. I'm so happy to share this birthday with all of you. Love you guys! =)
Happy Birthday! And, of course, I have to ask, which KitchenAid mixer did you get? I LOVE mine!!ReplyDelete
It's the Artisan? I believe that's what it's called, in Empire Red, too! =DReplyDelete
PRETTY! Did you get the one with the glass bowl? I love that bowl.ReplyDelete
No, it just has the regular silver metal bowl.ReplyDelete
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! Hope you enjoyed your pomegranate greek yogurt...I have definitely been enjoying my straw-ban!ReplyDelete
Hope your day was wonderful :)